Knock knock, who’s there? Its your mom… Oh shit MOM!!!
It is that time of the year when all the wishes for New Year’s come swarming in and sometimes it’s more. May be you had work or exams which prevented you to spend time with your family this time around but your family sure has your back. So, they decide to surprise you with a visit. Yay!! It so exciting for them but what if you have only a few hours’ notice to get back to life and give them an image of their ‘Good Son’ or ‘Simpleton Daughter’. You jump like a ninja and get to work at amazing speeds. The amount of work you do in these few hours would shock the very person within you because that’s the kind of productivity you would love in your normal life too. So what is the mess you are going to clean up?
- First and foremost, you need to tidy up the house. Try and give an impression that someone lives here and lives in hygiene. So you basically need to regroup things lying on the floor which don’t deserve to be there.
- Secondly, it’s time to throw away your collection of empty beer bottles which are there in the balcony because obviously, you don’t drink!
- Cigarette buds and lighters and ashtrays which you or your roommate may be using need to be hidden. You might even have to buy a normal ‘gas lighter’ for your kitchen because you can’t obviously use the cigarette lighter in front of them.
- All those naughty posters from the walls need to come down for a while. The same goes for the wallpapers on the laptops and phones. Because your love or wait, your lust for beautiful actors needs to be hidden.
- Not only do you have to make sure you are clean, you have to make your roommate move around, take a bath and clean his room. Because they should know that you are living with a person who is just as disciplined as you are
- Hide the clothes of the opposite gender. Well, your gf/bf may be visiting you often and it would be casual for them to leave behind a pair of jeans or slippers, but at this time it’s best to hide a part of your casual life.
- Request your neighbours to be good and not complain just in case they come across the visiting elders.
- Put a word out in your friends’ circle that the party place is closed for today because of a sudden audit.
- Use the room fresheners to good use. Incense sticks might be a good idea too as it would serve multiple purposes.
- Parents love to get you snacks. Make sure when they take you to a shop near your house, the shopkeeper doesn’t hand out a couple of cigarettes which you buy from him every day. That would be a disaster for all the good work you have done back home.
So here are some basics but despite all this if you are still caught with something, well you have to bear the brunt. And in the process if you are forced to vacate and end up looking for flat on rent in Noida, Delhi or Gurgaon, we at Zocalo.in might be of some use surely.